Sunday, November 1, 2009

Lee Enfield No4. MK I* Longbranch

I'll start with my personal favorite, I'm a sucker for bolt actions, and it cost me 80 Bucks! Best bang for my buck to date.

My 1943 sporterized Lee Enfleid No. 4 Mk. 1* Longbranch:

What I've done to it:

Used an iron to suck out the dings, or well, some of the dings in the stock. Then stained and finished the stock to give it a more uniform appearance. When I first got the rifle, the dull wartime production tung oil treatment was dirty and oil stained and the fore stock (or whats left of it after bubba got it) was discoloured. You can see the shiny appearance of the finish in the pic above. Not too popular with the millsurp crowd, but I wouldn't try rebuilding the stock I'd make a new one for it.

I also Installed a front sight guard. Looks cool and is easier for shooting at longer distances. I think the sight guard cost about $1.98 or something like that.


Opinions: Very easy and fun to shoot. A true British Classic

Problems: Minor amounts of surface rust are showing up.

.303 British has gone up in price recently.



.303 British compared to a 7.62x39 round.

No comments:

Post a Comment